[Phys-L] Re: A BOOK FOR A SCHOOL LIBRARY (about cold fusion)

On Sunday, Jul 24, 2005, at 12:17 America/New_York, Pat Viele wrote:

This is a great idea. I am willing to compile suggestions.
You might want to include out of print books as well.

Pat the Librarian

Pat:
1) I hope that I am not the only one who appreciates your offer (to be
a compiler of reading books suggestions).

2) Cold Fusion, the field in which Mizuno works, is controversial. I
would recommend two other books:

J.R. Huizenga, "Cold Fusion: The Scientific Fiasco of the Century,"
Oxford University Press, 2nd edittion, Oxford, 1993.

E.F. Mallove, "Fire from Ice: Searching for Truth Behind the Cold
Fusion Furror," John Wiley & Sons, Inc., New York, 1991.

I knew each of these authors personally (benefitting from Huizenga's
frequent comments on my research projects, long before the 1989
controversy). Each book is written not only from the position of
knowledge but also from the position of passion.

3) Do you know that Cornell University library is the only place in the
world where proceedings from nearly all cold fusion conferences are
available. I might visit it when (and if) I start writing a book on
cold fusion.

Ludwik Kowalski
Let the perfect not be the enemy of the good.