[Phys-L] A BOOK FOR A SCHOOL LIBRARY

A BOOK I LIKE

Many of us have been inspired by biographies and autobiographies of
famous researchers, such Marie Curie, Richard Feinman, Thomas Edison or
Louis Pasteur. Positive influence that such books can have is well
known. Young people need role models and teachers should make sure that
appropriate books are available in school libraries. Stories about less
famous scientists and engineers should not be overlooked. I suggest we
create a list of such books.

Suppose those of us who know about good books (still available) post
information about them (title, author, the ISBN number, price, where to
order, etc.) To make this process interesting a person recommending a
book should post an extract from it, for example a paragraph or several
paragraphs. A short overall description can also make postings worth
reading. An illustration of what I have in mind will appear in the next
message under this thread. Please contribute; together we can produce a
useful list before the end of this year.

Ludwik Kowalski
Let the perfect not be the enemy of the good.