[Phys-L] Re: Entelechy or entropy?

Apart from deification of mediocre persons, postscientism practises
reification of empty concepts. Entropy is a typical example. Originally the
concept has a rigorous definition but this definition has undergone so many
abuses that postscientists don't like it anymore and start from scratch by
asking the fundamental question "What is entropy?". Countless answers are
given that amount to PhD theses, philosophical generalizations, innovations
in education etc. The best reification belongs to I. Prigogine who
demonstrates how the system produces part of the entropy inside itself but
sucks the rest from the outside world. The Nobel prize is unavoidably
awarded for such a discovery.

Pentcho Valev

On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 06:58:21 -0500, Brian Whatcott <betwys1@SBCGLOBAL.NET>