[Phys-L] Re: gas has mass

Mumford has numerous stills of such like. I have his time machine and
EG&G's top of the line flash. Eventually, I pray.

bc, who's trying to get Mumford to advertise in the TPT.

p.s.

http://www.bmumford.com/photo/milkdrop.html and

http://www.bmumford.com/photo/ballistics/index.html

p.p.s. JD is rather tight lipped about his embarrassment?

Stefan Jeglinski wrote:

Errors?

Virtually no soda bottle I've exploded breaks into pieces. In fact,
I've always been fascinated by the result. Quite often, I see that at
least part, and sometimes an entire circumference, of the plastic has
been stretched and folded back over itself after splitting away from
part or all of the bottle, not unlike placing a sock toe-end into a
pipe and folding it back around the outside end of the pipe. The
plastic stretches in a way that can seemingly not be done by hand or
machine without tearing, and yet forms a beautiful folded over layer,
albeit deformed. It looks somewhat like what you might expect if you
could heat it, and yet the plastic appears not melted, or very
little. It might appear as if the concussion drives the plastic into
some non-linear regime that very briefly allows it to be deformed in
ways you wouldn't normally be able to do except during the
manufacturing process. It probably -is- a result of heating that
allows easier deformation, but I've never investigated it more.

Anyone know of high-speed videos of such?

Stefan Jeglinski