[Phys-L] Re: The Meissner Effect Revisited

Thanks for getting the info - most interesting.

and the high Tc supercon's are VERY type II (unfortunately?)

Here's Ron's reply to "our" request. You'll note that it includes JD's #3

If I were still at UCSC, I'd try to make a dropping magnet apparatus for
our second sound Dewar. "We" for a time did a demo. using a Pb watch
glass. I tried Sn, which worked, but, of course, not for long. Hi Q
water supplies use pure Sn pipe.

bc, who wonders about the price of hi. temp. super c. pipes. Are they
type I super C.?