[Phys-L] Re: Sizes of atoms

If there is only 1 sign of charge then it's obvious, like in
gravity, that charges attract each other, no? To conclude
that there are two different charges, you must exclude this
possibility. These are pith ball exercises in my E&M lab.

If there is only one sign of charge, how do you get neutral
pieces of paper? I suppose we'd have to assume the charge on
the paper is just too small to be noticed but significant enough
to interact with the charged balloon?