[Phys-L] Re: Promises promises

Thanks for correcting, John.

1) I removed my criticism of the author's vocabulary from the unit #236
as soon as I read your message below. That was not an essential part of
the unit.

2) The removed comment was based my belief that, unlike atoms,
molecules, and more complex systems, individual electrons have no
excited states. In my mind excitation energy of a particle is not the
same as its kinetic energy in an external frame of reference. I did not
know that "to excite an electron" can be used instead of "forcing it to
oscillate." Yes, photon's energy is reduced when a free electron starts
oscillating more energetically.
Ludwik Kowalski