[Phys-L] Re: Bellamy Bows Out

At 12:42 AM 6/16/2005, you wrote:
At 19:58 15 06 2005 , the following was received:
Okay, I'll bite. Why does the earth's precession cause
global warming?

Go to the links which Larry Wolfe gave and look at ~Orbits.

Some destitute person there shows a temperature rise of some 2o due to
atmospheric mismanagement., but the rise from <30o to some 60o due to
precession since the last glaciation is not shown . Nor does it show the
temperature rise at various locations. I don't know the temperature of the
ice in New York but I suspect it was chilly. And I don't know if the
temperature max of the previous cycle is known. But the recent rise of ~2o
seems trivial by comparison.

Jim

Jim Green
mailto:JMGreen@sisna.com
http://users.sisna.com/jmgreen

The URL to which Jim seems to be referring
is that of the Science Museum of the NAS

<http://www.koshland-science-museum.org/exhibitgcc/historical03.jsp>

This lists 7 or eight climate determining effects, of which orbital effects
appear in seventh position.

Jim is I think, impressed by the caliber of the authors in question,
as mentioned in his elliptical way, but I am finally confused by Jim's
direction when he notices what the URL does NOT show and does
NOT mention, as being crucial.

There again, it is early for me.

Brian Whatcott Altus OK Eureka!