[Phys-L] Re: Gear suppliers

I am not so sure that a scientific supply house would be your best
source. There are outfits that cater to the tech ed folks. They often
have gears and gizmos for classroom use (and, no, I can't put my hands
on a catalog). You might try asking a shop teacher for a vendor.
Glenn Malin
University HS
Irvine CA

crvhs_dks@CRESTVIEW-RICHLAND.K12.OH.US 06/07 6:55 AM >>>

Can anyone recommend a good set of gears that can be used in my high
school
Physics/Advanced Physics classes? I'm looking for something that is
durable
and can be easily interchanged to see the effects of the different
arrangements. The 2 main catalogs I've been looking through are Frey
and
Flinn. It's kind of hard to tell the quality of the gears just by
looking
in the catalogs. Also, if anyone knows any other companies I should
look at
(catalogs or websites), I would appreciate it.

Thank you,
Dwight
Ashland, OH