[Phys-L] pinhole camera

You can make a pinhole camera using a small film cannister. Hold it up to
a printed page. Not only does my near point decrease, but the text also
appears larger.

How am I able to focus more closely on objects? Is it because there is
less light coming into my eye, so it's easier for my eye lens to focus an
image?

And how does a pinhole camera magnify an object? Is it mainly because of
diffraction? I usually don't see diffraction mentioned when I read about
pinhole cameras. The rays drawn are always straight.