[Phys-L] Re: god friendly science

At 12:02 PM 5/25/2005, you wrote:
//
Certainly throughout history millions have died (been killed) in the
name of god. How often have economic/political wars been
'sold' to the common soldier as a holy undertaking?
(And god is always on our side--which ever side that is!)
///
Rick

Any nominally Christian country will attempt to invoke God as inspiring
the political choice to pursue diplomacy by other means.
Any Moslem country will attempt to invoke Allah as inspiring the political
choice to make war.
Any country whatsover will depict the opposition as sub-human, beastly,
unfeeling, brutal, devoid of finer feelings.

Does this mean that an educated person should actually believe this rubbish?

At least two list members seem to have swallowed this
"War is Religiously Inspired" line. I am unconvinced.

Brian Whatcott Altus OK Eureka!