[Phys-L] Re: god friendly science

"give me a child until he is six and he will be a Catholic forever. ..."

Loyola

bc

fred bucheit wrote:

I hear a lot of "reasons" why people follow this or that belief system,
but I suspect there is a lot more to the issue. To paraphrase Andy Rooney,
If you were born in the USA, there is a high probability that you will be a
christian and if you were born in Iran, there is a high probabality that you
will be a Muslim.
But even more than that, if you are raised as a Christian or a Muslim or
anything else, there is a very high probability that you will die following
those same beliefs. This is the evidence that reveals the fundamental
"reasons" people believe. Isn't "evidence" what we in science respect more
than anything?
Do not forget that a duck raised by a dog will forever think of the dog
as its mother.
Early indoctrination is probably the most influencial force in our
lives.

Fred Bucheit I think is the antidote to I believe.