[Phys-L] Re: god friendly science

Mark Kossover writes:

... The truth of a model, though, is determined by its ability to
have the predictions it makes turn out to be reflected by reality.

I'm quite certain that Mark simply misspoke here, but it is important
to understand that it is not possible to establish the "truth" of a
scientific model. The best we can do is to "validate" it, to
determine its usefulness or suitability, etc.

Science does not deal in "truth." Pretending that it does is
responsible for a lot of very dangerous mischief by its enemies.

John Mallinckrodt
Cal Poly Pomona