[Phys-L] Re: god friendly science (An unbalanced view) (05/20)

Jack Uretsky is right on target, in my opinion. The phrase "god friendly
science" just turns my stomach. I benefited from 8 years of Jesuit
education, and I am sure that my freshman physics professor - who was a
priest in his seventies at the time - would be as disgusted with this as
I. The choice offered by ID advocates is the choice between the
skeptical empiricism that gave birth to the Enlightenment and scientific
nonsense. We should insist that all the IDers put their money where
their mouth is, and reject in entirety the use of the fruit of the
Enlightenment: all technology and science, including indoor plumbing,
electricity, antibiotics and modern medicine. That would be consistent
with the rest of their views.

Regards,
Jim
--
James J. Diamond, Jr., Ph.D.,
Professor of Chemistry, Chemistry Department,