[Phys-L] Re: god friendly science

You got me. Good question. However, both Houston and Austin are not
religiously conservative areas. UT is supposed to be a hot bed of
liberalism, and Houston has one of the large gay communities in the
US. In either case the fundamentalist Protestants are far outnumbered
by Roman Catholics. The challenges to the textbooks seem to have
decreased in TX. While the mood of the state is politically right,
education in the large urban areas is not religiously right. The
deomographics in TX are shifting rapidly.

BTW why does politically right have to be allied with the religious
right? Republicans used to stand for rationality in politics and
consider the Democrats to be irrational and emotional. Now they are
standing for irrational irrelevant issues. Both parties used to
support science, but I don't think that is true any more.

John M. Clement
Houston, TX

On Wed, 18 May 2005 10:17:59 -0700