[Phys-L] Re: Mr. Fusion

for ~ 2X $'s one gets from Tel-Atomic a complete system:

5' resolution diffractometer
camera for Debye/Scherre
port for fluorescence (Moseley's law)
etc.

30/20 kV. 50 microA. [I'm accustomed to 50 mA!]

Brian Whatcott wrote:
Observation of nuclear fusion driven by a pyroelectric crystal
B. Naranjo, J.K. Gimzewski & S. Putterman
NATURE _434_ page 115 (28 APRIL 2005)

// Here we report that gently heating a pyroelectric
crystal in a deuterated atmosphere can generate fusion under
desktop conditions.

[from a SCI.ENGR.MECH newsgroup post....]

... links for the interested...

> Nature (today) is reporting neutron production with He traces
> in a deuterated pyroelectric crystal following gentle heating.
> This represents high-quality "cold-fusion" reportage, would you
> believe?

... appears to have been "in the works"...

... not quite "cold fusion", since the particle energies are
pretty high (>keV)

> Elsewhere, pyroelectric crystal in a transistor t-05 case is
> the basis for a pocket X-ray generator capable of imaging a mouses tail!

David A. Smith

Brian Whatcott Altus OK Eureka!

cut