[Phys-L] Re: Should Randomized Control Trials Be the Gold Standard of Educational Research?

At 01:20 PM 4/18/2005, Richard Hake, you wrote:
////
Unfortunately Brian misinterpreted my post Hake (2005). I did
***not*** respond

">My experimentalist friends (in particle physics) now divide
uncertainties into a "statistical" part and a "systematic" part."

[rather...]

"Jack Uretsky wrote:
I don't understand. If you can't control the variables, how can you get
statistically "valid" results?
My expeerimentalizt friends (in particle physics) now divide
uncertainties into a +statistical" part and a "systematic" part.

Richard continued to say:

It appears that my unconventional formatting with the [bracketed by
"XXXXXX. . ."] only serves to confuse people.

Sorry.

In fact, the sorrow at mis-attributing the source of Jack's
"My Experimentalist friends..." phrase to Richard is all mine.

Thanks to Richard for pointing it out.

Brian Whatcott Altus OK Eureka!