[Phys-L] Re: homework lookup

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Denker" <jsd@AV8N.COM>
And all this just when some
authors have started including much better problems (those that are not
so
amenable to algorithmic solutions) in their texts.

Any texts you particularly recommend?

While there are still plenty of plug & chug problems, I can find a number of
'better' problems in Hecht's Physics: Calculus. However, I supplement
these with some of the Heller problems (modified for my students),
especially in the 1st semester of the course.

http://groups.physics.umn.edu/physed/Research/CRP/on-lineArchive/ola.html

Rick

Richard W. Tarara
Professor of Physics
Saint Mary's College
Notre Dame, Indiana
rtarara@saintmarys.edu
Free Physics Educational Software (Win & Mac)
NEW: Animations for PowerPoint
Newton's Maze lab simulation
Simplified Energy Management Simulator
Energy 2100--class project