[Phys-L] Re: POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT

I have a couple of questions about the school before I forward
this position announcement to possible candidates. I'm sending this
to the list in case anyone else might be interested.

First, if there are only 300 students, why would there be so
many openings for teachers?

Also, I checked the school's website and, in particular, the list
of faculty biographies
(<http://www.northstaracademy.org/facultybiographies.html>).

There are three science teachers. One has a B.A. in History with
a specialization in Medical Education. Another has a B.A. in
English and Secondary Education (and later a Master's in
General Science). The third has a B.A. in English and a Master's
in Education. A fourth faculty member is listed as the 5th grade
Math/Science teacher. His B.A. is in Cultural Anthropology and
Theater and he has a M.S.Ed. in Elementary Education.

Is the school looking specifically for science teachers who
are not scientists?

Robert Cohen; 570-422-3428; www.esu.edu/~bbq
East Stroudsburg University; E. Stroudsburg, PA 18301