[Phys-L] POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT

*

WE'RE LOOKING FOR A FEW GREAT TEACHERS.

DO YOU KNOW ONE?

The North Star Academy Charter School of Newark, NJ, one of America's most
celebrated public schools, seeks to fill teaching vacancies for the
2005-2006 school year. Due to high demand, our school is expanding.

North Star's first graduating class achieved 100% college enrollment in
2004. Average standardized test scores for North Star students place the
school in the top rank of urban public schools statewide. Students are
admitted to North Star by lottery and we have a waiting list of over 1400.
Our school presently enrolls approximately 300 students in grades 5-12.

Students and teachers at North Star work hard. The school year consists of
11 months and the school day is extended. Teachers work collaboratively and
possess an exceptionally strong commitment to high-level achievement for all
students. Teachers with at least 2 years of experience preferred. Highly
competitive compensation.

Do you know any outstanding teachers who might be interested in joining our
faculty? If you do, please ask them to contact us.

We seek great teachers in these areas for middle and high school:

Biology, Chemistry, and Physics (High School)

Earth and Physical Science (Middle School)

Mathematics (High School and Middle School)

English (High School and Middle School)

History (High School-World)

Combined History and English (Middle School)

Special Education Inclusion

School Nurse

Dean of Students

Speech Pathology/PT

To apply for a teaching position, please send email only

Send letter of application and resume as Word attachments. The subject bar
of your email must be in this format: last name, first name - KRO (i.e.
King, Tasha - KRO).

For answers to questions, or to apply, contact:

James Lerman, Recruiter

jameslerman@northstaracadmy.org

973-642-0101x199