[Phys-L] High School Physics Opening

Hello Everyone!
=20
In the words of one of my heroes, Dick Hake, "Please, forgive the cro=
ss posting."=20
=20
After 32 years of teaching, I am going to take advantage of Indiana's=
Rule of 85 and retire from high school teaching at the end of this s=
chool year. West Lafayette Jr/Sr High School is seeking a fulltime ph=
ysics teacher. The school is just down the street from Purdue Univers=
ity, and the pay scale is highly competitive (in the Indiana teaching=
frame of reference). Our senior high school enrollment is about 680,=
and we are a blue ribbon school. We currently teach 3 levels of phys=
ics: Physics I -- which is taken as a pre-chemistry course (4 section=
s), Honors Physics (3 sections) -- which is the equivalent of AP-B, a=
nd AP-C (1 section).=20
=20
I presently teach 4 sections of pre-chemistry, conceptual-based physi=
cs and 1 section of AP Physics-C -- both mechanics and e & m. Compute=
rs have been incorporated into the laboratory, homework, and testing =
components of the courses. Candidates with at least 4 years teaching =
experience and who are comfortable teaching at both ends of the diffi=
culty spectrum are sought.=20
=20
Qualified candidates should send a letter of interest and a resume to=
our principal:
=20
Dr. Anne Koivo
koivoa@wl.k12.in.us