[Phys-L] Re: What IS a field? (Was Re: Physics (chem.) Humor)

So one concludes we aren't mostly empty space, nicht wahr?

bc

RAUBER, JOEL wrote:

| The more I learn about fields the more confused I am about
| them. Do the particles create the fields or do the fields
| create the particles? Does that question even make sense?
| What IS a field?

I suppose a short glib answer might be that one simply can not
distinguish between the particle(s) and the field that represents them.
The electromagnetic field are particles of photons and vice-versa.