[Phys-L] Cold nuclear alchemy

On Saturday, Mar 19, 2005, Ludwik Kowalski wrote:

Those who are interested in the history of cold fusion might enjoy
reading a short recent (September 2004) interview with Martin
Fleischmann at:

http://newenergytimes.com/Conversations/FleischmannByLietz.htm

Haiko Lietz, who conducted the interview, is a young science reporter
from Berlin. I met him in Marseilles, France, where the last
International Conference on Cold Fusion (ICCF11) took place.

Some of you might also be interested in the email received
from Haiko this morning (see below). You might also like to
see my description of a Russian cold nuclear chemistry project:

http://blake.montclair.edu/~kowalskil/cf/206irina.html

Ludwik Kowalski
Let the perfect not be the enemy of the good.

. . . I want you to know about my report on MHI's transmutation
experiments on German National Radio. Incidentally it was aired
on today's 16th anniversary of the announcement of cold fusion.

German article and on-demand audio are here:

http://www.dradio.de/dlf/sendungen/forschak/359485/

Steve Krivit has the English version on his site:

http://www.newenergytimes.com/news/2005Mitsubishi-Answer-Lietz.htm

I deliberately headlined my article "Mitsubishi's Answer to Nuclear
Waste" as
a response to the call "European Union needs a clear answer on nuclear
waste" by European Energy Commissioner Andris Piebalgs:

http://europa.eu.int/rapid/pressReleasesAction.do?reference=SPEECH/
05/122&format=HTML&aged=0&language=EN&guiLanguage=en