|Chronology||Current Month||Current Thread||Current Date|
|[Year List] [Month List (current year)]||[Date Index] [Thread Index]||[Thread Prev] [Thread Next]||[Date Prev] [Date Next]|
Here are the goals and objectives for my introductory course:
"Goals and Objectives: Course goals are to provide students with increased knowledge of physical principles; improved problem solving, communicating and cooperating skills; and the desire to apply their knowledge and skills. Each student should:
1. Learn and be able to apply the fundamental laws of physics.
2. Be able to solve problems using a systematic, logical approach.
3. Improve mathematics skills.
4. Improve their ability to think critically, abstractly, and logically.
5. Improve their ability to communicate effectively and cooperate with others.
General education: Students who are successful in this course will improve in the following general education areas: reading, writing, oral communication, mathematical skills, problem solving, critical thinking, and cooperating with others."
These have foundation in a solid educational model, are easy for students and administrators to understand and appreciate, and leave the door open for innovative, active classroom techniques.
Richard E. Swanson, Ph.D.
Dean of Instruction
Sandhills Community College, Pinehurst, NC 28374
firstname.lastname@example.org (910) 695-3715