[Phys-L] Re: Rainbow serpent question

At 01:12 PM 3/21/2005, you wrote:
On another newsgroup, somebody reported a "wavy rainbow" or rainbow-serpent
phenomenon,

I may have mentioned before: I was flying North into Tulsa International
approach from Rockwall (Dallas) and I saw an inverted rainbow.

It was a rainy day, of course. I imagine that to see a series of inverted
and regular rainbows, it would take some rain clouds above and below
the line of vision, or just possibly a single layer of rain cloud, with
multiple
sun rays/images.

Brian Whatcott Altus OK Eureka!