[Phys-L] Re: Looking for electricity demo apparatus

The " Sparkers" that you found are called Tesla coils.
They are available from the following scientific supply companies:

Fisher Scientific Item AJ543504 $150.00
Sargent-Welch Item WLS-30978 $154.02
Science Kit Item 61157-02 $129.00

By the way ... I spent some wonderful months as a grad student
at the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville, not far from you.

Herb Gottlieb from New York City

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 21:49:28 -0600 "Gonzalez-Espada, Wilson"