[Phys-L] Re: Optics Software Suggestions

There are two products that you might like: the optics Physlet by
Wolfgang Christian and WebTOP (The optics project) at Mississippi
State.

For an example physlet, see

http://linus.highpoint.edu/~atitus/physlets/physlet.php?
filename=optics_workbench.html

The advantage of the physlet is that you can script it using javascript
and create excellent assessment tasks to use for quizzes, tests,
prelabs, and postlabs.

Meanwhile, the optics project contains some of the best 3-D physics
simulations that you'll probably ever see, and their is an incredibly
large variety of simulations. See their site at

http://webtop.msstate.edu/

BTW these are free!

Aaron