[Physltest] [Phys-L] Re: shopping techniques

"3) Institutions (educational or otherwise) that tolerate that
sort of nonsense tend to go out of business [*]. Another of my
little sayings is:
They entrust you with some money. If you spend it
wisely, they'll entrust you with some more.
Conversely, if they find your institution cannot be trusted
to spend money wisely, they'll cut off the money supply.
This is not a new concept (Matthew 25:14). When I see
situations like this, I escalate the issue until I find
somebody with enough understanding and enough authority
to rectify the situation. If that doesn't work, it's time
for me to find a new job."

or new country of residence?

* So us Democrats may have hope?

bc, w/ dual citizenship

John Denker wrote:

We started with a question about buying a passel of
computers for classroom use. There is no need for such
computers to run the latest compute-intensive and
graphics-intensive games.

Therefore any discussion of games represents something of
a change in topic ... which is OK, so long as we recognize
it as such.

Richard Tarara wrote:

your choices [of games] are FAR wider in the Windows
world and because of the way many of these games stretch the capabilities
of machines, don't expect your emulators to work effectively (if at all).

Yeah. I asked one of my most trusted cronies to look into
this a while back. VMware in particular was observed to do
a remarkably good job of virtualizing everything *except*
graphics accelerators.

This should not be labelled as a msWindows/Mac/Linux issue,
because the issue is already visible at the _hardware_
level. As an example, the $200.00 Microtel machine that

cut