-----Original Message-----
From: Forum for Physics Educators [mailto:PHYS-
L@list1.ucc.nau.edu] On Behalf Of Bernard Cleyet

Our beloved governor now proposes to test the teachers. i.e.
merit
based pay.

What ignorance! I assume through out CA teachers endure a
periodic
grueling evaluation as does Gate Keeper and her colleagues in
the
Alisal
Union School District.

If anyone is tested, it should be the parents.

* Actually they've been tested by the populace. That's an
example of
why democracy, as practiced in the US, is flawed.

bc, who thinks Ike looks so good now.

p.s. Reagan used the Free Speech Movement to win office; the
son of
Nazi is using the teachers unions. (There's a metaphor here.)

p.p.s. In a previous post I said our beloved was cutting
funding for CA
schools, already near the bottom of the heap; here's some
detail:

http://www.csba.org/co/alerts/news_release1_6_05.htm

Spagna Jr., George wrote:

Herb asks