From: Forum for Physics Educators [mailto:PHYS-L@list1.ucc.nau.edu] On
Behalf Of Bernard Cleyet
Sent: Wednesday, January 05, 2005 11:16 PM
Subject: Re: California standards test in physics

I don't believe you (LW) when you write the question was vetted by teachers
(Physics?).

The quote below is from the California Department of Education web site that
is shown below. I didn't make it up. That's why I put it in quotes with the
reference. Why don't you believe me?

"The following released test questions are taken from the Physics
Standards Test. This test is one of the California Standards Tests
administered as part of the Standardized Testing and Reporting (STAR)
Program under policies set by the State Board of Education.
All questions on the California Standards Tests are evaluated by
committees of content experts, including teachers and administrators,
to ensure their appropriateness for measuring the California academic
content standards in Physics. In addition to content, all items are
reviewed and approved to ensure their adherence to the principles of
fairness and to ensure no bias exists with respect to characteristics
such as gender, ethnicity, and language."

<http://www.cde.ca.gov/ta/tg/sr/documents/css05rtqphysics.pdf>

Larry Woolf
General Atomics (where we believe in telling the truth about education
issues)