[Physltest] [Phys-L] Re: "Effective" teaching methods

Karim Diff wrote:

I have yet to meet anyone teaching physics in a community
college who was not trained in physics ( at the Ms or PhD level.)

Touché. I suppose I should have said East Podunk HS rather than
East Podunk CC, because that is the group that Rick and Vickie
have been characterizing as in many cases "math-phobic" and "far
below the level of scientific and mathematical understanding that
they are required to teach".

Ask them (not me) about the basis and details of this
characterization.

I am not quite sure what this is supposed to say. Is the implication here
that if the East Podunk Community College transcript says "Physics" it was
taught by a CARP?

What I meant was different and perhaps even harsher than that:
Students might well be _better off_ with a canned program
administered by a CARP than with a traditional course "taught"
by an unqualified "teacher".