Re: Twins on cell phones

Rick Tarara wrote:
OK--as I thought, but doesn't the fact that the moving twin hears Alvin &
the Chipmunks let him know he's the one moving?

Yes,

> I know the accelerations allow him to know,

Indeed ... so add the chipmunks to the list of ways Moe knows
his experience is not equivalent to Joe's.

> but anyway to arrange this so that he's always moving
towards the fixed twin?

Sorry, I can't figure out what that's trying to say.

The big acceleration during the turn-around at the midpoint
of Moe's mission is the crux of the usual 'twins' scenario.
If the two observers are uniformly moving toward each other,
it's a completely different scenario, and a full description
of the new scenario is probably needed.