College Students Politically Affiliated

At 03:05 PM 11/10/2004, you wrote:
Any attempt to understand this election in terms of exit polls, which have
been shown to be wrong,
is misguided. You have attributed a belief system on voters without any
basis for this conclusion.
I think this kind of analysis is of little use in the grand scheme of
things. Its much easier
just to acknowledge the outcome - we have a winner and we have a loser.

On the other hand, if you like polls, I saw one today that has determined
that there was no
increase in the turnout of "evangelical christians" over that in 2000.

I was interested to run across this newswire [below] dated last month.
Where would the advantage lie in registering college students with a forged
party affiliation? One would need to follow up by forging their votes,
as absentees? as advanced polls?

FDLE Investigating Suspicious Florida County Voter Applications
Author: AP
Title: FDLE INVESTIGATING SUSPICIOUS FLORIDA COUNTY VOTER APPLICATIONS

Florida Department of Law Enforcement is investigating 1,500 voter
registration forms received by
the Leon County elections office that apparently were altered to register
local students as Republicans.

County elections supervisor Ion Sancho said it was suspicious enough that
the registration forms were
all photocopies, but the new voters were also between the ages of 18-24, a
group that often registers with
no party affiliation.
Most were students at Florida A&M University, Florida State University or
Tallahassee Community College.
The office began calling the applicants, contacting a couple of dozen
before deciding to turn
the voter forms over to the FDLE.
"Once it became clear that their information did not jibe with the
information on the application forms,
that's when we decided to act," Sancho said. "The overwhelming majority of
them had not selected
the Republican Party as the party they wanted to be registered in."

Brian Whatcott Altus OK Eureka!