Re: Are the Forces of Darkness on the March?

Clearly, the exit pollsters are wrong. They were a single organization
that was hired to conduct the poll and they, in whatever influence you
want to attribute, skewed their sample. Period. With a differential of
over 3 million votes on the Bush side and with a majority of counties
going to Bush in both the Red and the Blue states, there is no other
conclusion. Now you have to ask, what was the intent of the pollsters.
If you kept track of the polling before the election, there were, at
times, large differences between the various pollsters. I was very
surprised to see Fox news put Kerry so far ahead, since they are viewed
to be right biased. This could be seen as an attempt by Fox to get out
the republican vote. Perhaps the exit pollsters were also right
leaning. Who knows. The important point is that they are definitely
biased. A better method is called for.
Tom McCarthy

St. Paul's School
Hawley Observatory