Re: Mass

"Perhaps it is better to define mass as: what a beam balance measures
while
at rest in a gravitational field.

Fred Bucheit

~ I think is the antidote to I believe~"

but that's only 1/2 of it as others have written. What is impt. (I
pray.) is that, as one mentioned, both are the same #. Why was an
accident until Einstein "said" they had to be the same * . We've
already had a thread(s) on Eötvös.

Just one of the things HS students must believe (have faith). That
shouldn't be difficult as so many believe in much more outrageous things.

bc

Ludwik Kowalski wrote:

I think that for an introductory physics course
Fred's description is much better than what I wrote.
Ludwik Kowalski