Re: Mass

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 15:43:26 -0600 Jim Green <JMGreen@SISNA.COM> writes:
Can someone pleases tell me what "mass" is?
The symbol "m" is spread all over physics topics, but I don't know
what it is.
Is it the same number in every equation wherein it appears?
Mass seems to be an invention by someone at some point for some
purpose but I don't understand the process of the development of it's
usage.
Comments??? Jim Green

There are several definitions for the term, "mass". Here are some that
you may not find readily in a dictionary:

1. Mass (verb) - It is something that is performed using
a device such as an inertial balance when the mass (noun)
of an object is unknown.
For example, "A college coed massed a mass of sulfur
using an inertial balance after her lab partner massed it
on an equal arm balance with the aid of a few standard
masses (noun) .

2. Mass (noun) - A religious ceremony usually performed by a
leader and congregation on Sundays.

3. Mass (slang, vulgar) - An entity proportional to
the "heat of the meat"