importance of Einstein

What do y'all think of this letter to the editor of Discover Magazine (Nov
2004, page 8) by Calvin Neill in response to a special Einstein issue
(September):

"I can think of dozens of scientists whose work was more important than
Einstein's. His work was mostly theoretical and has been of little use to
humanity. I rate Watson and Crick, Newton, Bernoulli, Faraday, Clausius,
and dozens of others as being more important scientists than Einstein."

Cheers,
Larry