Re: Cloud chambers

Ludwik:

I also build these with teachers. Recent manufacture Coleman
lantern mantles no longer contain Thorium, so I use radioactive
rocks I grabbed in AZ (Carnotite), or the commercial needle
sources, or recent Chinese manufacture lantern mantles.

The NAS has a site that discusses tips for making cheap
and nasty cloud chambers work at
<http://www2.ans.org/pi/teachers/reactions/2001-06-02.html>

Dan M