Re: Zero with units?

On Sunday 19 September 2004 19:38, Herbert H Gottlieb wrote:
On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 15:34:06 -0400 James Frysinger <frysingerj@COFC.EDU>

writes:
I tell my students that zero is not nothing.

*** However, let us consider the situation where you are asked
a question such as , " How much are you willing to donate to Busch
for the upcoming election?" Would you say "zero", or would you say
"zero dollars"?

Good question! I would say that I am willing to donate the same amount to the
"Busch" campaign that I am willing to the "JFFK" campaign.

Jim