Zero with units?

Hello,

Sorry to join this discussion so late, but I get the digest version of Phys-L
(and don't read them until days later, even so). I appologize if my point has
already been made

Did someone say:
"Since the number 0 doesn't need units for anything, why try to use them?"

I think that it is pretty important to include the units in stating the value of
a temperature, even if the value is zero (e.g. 0 degrees Celsius) I don't
think any of us would have it any other way.

Obviously this is a problem with temperature (and any other quantities?) since
the value of zero on the Celsius and Fahrenheit scales are based on an
arbitrary temperature. Those zero values of temperature do not coincide and do
not represent an "absolute" temperature value.

Stu Leinoff
Adirondack Community College