Science Quotations - Update

Hello to the list--

I have been doing various things with the science quotations since I
last wrote. I finally got the information into a data base and this is
certainly a project that I am happy to see brought up to date. I have
also tried to remove all of the duplicate quotations. There were a
great many quotes that were duplicates. Additionally I have entered
more "Birth/Death" dates. This project has much more work to go. I
still have publisher information to get included and I am going to try
and get an "category" included.

There are now about 16,300 quotations in the data base. However, I have
about 2000 more that I have not formatted. I'll get to these when I
can. I am hoping that I will have this database of quotations up to
around 20000 by the end of the year.

There are still some typo problems that need to be cleared up and some
formatting of the authors so that each author will appear on a line
alone. However, this will not interfere with the use of the information
on the web site.

Again, the URL address is http://www.angelfire.com/tx/StatBook.

If you copy this down make sure that you keep the URL as it is written
as the site address is case sensitive.

I am planning on doing work with the initial search page, and there is
still work to do with the home page.

Those that may desire to have some of the books evaluated for inclusion
into your science library can find most of the book reviews by clicking
on the book cover from the home page and then doing what is asked.

Again, I hope that you will find these quotations useful.

Note that the General Category to which the quotation is assigned is
simply a category of convenience. It will give you some idea as to
other quotations where the "search word" was found.

Have a nice day!

Carl Gaither