Re: angular momentum transfer?

A telling construction note for the Whimmy Diddle notes the importance
of a light thin propeller blade - so that with the anisotropic properties of
wood, across and along grain, an elongation of the central hole is
inevitable, which can phase neatly with the vibrating propeller stick
to motivate its rotation.
This mechanism does not seem really compatible with ball bearing wheels
on a common spindle, on the face of it, unfortunately.

Brian W