Re: angular momentum transfer?

The experiment as described to me was that this was something shown to
senior high or first year university students. During spin-up (or
spin-down) of a lead (Pb) wheel, a second stationary wheel would slowly
start rotating, but in the opposite direction of the powered wheel. Both
wheels were reportedly on the same rigidly mounted axle. If I attempt it I
must use a Pb rim according to what I heard. No reference to RPMs or wheel
weights or diameters were given. Searching the Internet the only device
even similar seems to be a reference to a letter submitted to IEEE by a
Harvey Morgan.

Harvey Morgan paper accepted and published in IEEE Aerospace and Electronic
Systems (AES) of January 1998, pages 5 to 10, "Now we can explore the
Universe".
http://www.padrak.com/ine/NEN_5_11_9.html

In the Internet library archives I came across another reference to that
same paper. Both writers are speculating and assuming it's some kind of
field phenomena, which means the axles were in-line yet probably physically
separated.
<http://web.archive.org/web/20010811232226/home.att.net/~kfbrown/me.html>

As fascinating as that Morgan submission to IEEE was, although close,
that's not exactly what I was trying to locate. No one here recalls ever
being shown two wheels one powered the other reverse-responding from
stand-still on the same rigid axle? Everyone here agrees that both the axle
coupled wheel story I was told and the non-coupled Harvey Morgan submission
to IEEE are probably both urban legends. Yes? That assurance might save me
a lot of trouble. Thanks.

Colin