Re: navigation riddle

The questions are:

1) Where is Point A?

""" Point A is directly above the earth's geographic north pole.

2) Are you sure?

*** I'm not sure. John Denker would not ose this problem if the obvious
answer was not so obvious.

How do you know?

*** I recall a similar problem that was posed about
70 years ago when airships were still flying.

Herb

Usual ground-rules: The right answer depends on
understanding the physics of the situation. This may
require some outside-the-box thinking. Everything
I've said is intended to be true and helpful. I expect
a strong consensus as to the correctness of the answer.

Herb Gottlieb from New York City
A friendly place to live and visit