Re: Pauli Exclusion

In responding to David's puzzlement, I will acknowledge that's a state
quite well known to me, too.

So I had better narrow down the field:
Does the puzzlement arise from the assertion that:
there was an electron occupancy paradox?
that Fermi offered a proposal to avoid a paradox or catastrophe?
that there are four quantum properties of interest in this case?
that Fermi's quantum model is upheld?
that the Fermi model works in some sense?

Yours in anticipation

Brian Whatcott

At 09:40 AM 7/22/2004, you wrote:
Regarding Brian W's claim:

>The idea that electrons are indistinguishable is unhelpful.
>
>In describing Fermi's proposal for resolving a paradox,
>one talks of four quantum properties of the particles
>in question.
>
>These quantum properties do in fact distinguish them.
>That's why the pragmatic model is upheld.
>It 'works' in some sense.
>
>Brian W

Huh? Do you care to elaborate further? I'm confused.

David Bowman

Brian Whatcott Altus OK Eureka!