Re: Teaching science on the edge of knowledge

I fail to see where it's even unethical. I use Serway and
Jewett: Physics for Engineers and Scientists. We were just
forced to switch to edition 6. I can find no significant
difference between this edition and Ed. 5 or Ed. 4. I
really like the text, my students find it very readable,
and it has great homework questions and problems. However,
the ONLY reasonable explanation for this new edition is
that the publisher wants to squash the used text market for
the book. If publishers want to play the game this way, I
have no problem selling desk copies.

Bob at PC