Re: Reading Science/Math Texts - PART 1

!!!!! Is Hake still posting to the list? I have a filter on
him (as many must no doubt have on me!) but I haven't seen

If the topic is reading comprehension of textbooks, I have
actually found that it is pretty good. I have come to rely
on it when my classes focus more on student questions and
discussion rather than my prepared lecture. If the topic is
reading and understanding questions on an exam, I have
quite the opposite experience. I have no explanation for
the dichotomy.

Bob at PC