From: Forum for Physics Educators [mailto:PHYS-L@list1.ucc.nau.edu] On
Behalf Of Dan Folmar
Sent: Wednesday, June 23, 2004 6:24 PM
To: PHYS-L@LISTS.NAU.EDU
Subject: Cool Demo for Newton's First Law?

Hello,

I'm a new (prospective) teacher, and I have my second interview with a
local high school tomorrow. I need to deliver a 15 minute lesson on
Newton's 1st law. I'm looking for some good ideas for a "wow" demo that
will deliver the message effectively and be easy to pull off. Right now,
I'm thinking about wearing roller blades and ask one of the students to
push me -- and then go into a discussion about constant velocity.

Any other ideas will be appreciated!

Thanks,
Dan