Re: turn signal

"Everyone is correct. Most auto manufacturers use this old (but well
tested) method of telling the drivers there is a bulb out. The flasher,
that's really what it's called, is replaceable like a relay. When voltage
is passed through it and out to the bulbs, the plate or strip inside it
heats and causes the regular breaking of the circuit as bc said...but, it's
actually the LOWER resistance in the circuit, because of an absent bulb,
which causes more current to pass, faster heating of the strip and the
quicker flash rate. Hope this helps!"

Mmm ... ignoring the phlogiston police, one could think of current following a flow of potential?

Writing before much thought may result in serendipitous innovation?

bc, guilty, too.

matt coia wrote:

Has anyone learned something early on in life and never questioned it's
validity, no matter what you've learned to the contrary, until someone else
comes along and embarasses you in front of your peers and others? My
apologies to all...especially Mr. Denker and Mr. Cleyet. Dan told me to
just browse the lists for a while, but of course I can't keep my hands off
this keyboard or my (wrong) opinions to myself sometimes. Oh well.

Feel free to put me in my place more in the future...I'm sure it's not the
last time I will speak before I think.

Thanks for the info.

Matt Coia
Undergraduate Assistant
Buffalo State College
Oh...and still ASE Certified...even if I don't know what I'm talking about.
:)