Re: turn signal

You may have a burned out signal light. I had the same thing happen to me on both of my Toyota
vehicles. Just a couple of weeks ago, we noticed the "double time" of the signal. When I went to
look at the signal light (front passenger side), I found that the whole signal unit is missing.

As of this morning, my left turn signal (1996 Toyota RAV4) is
blinking about twice as fast as normal, about double the rate of the
right turn signal. I've checked again just now after the car was idle
a few hours and it's still doing it. Ambient temperatures and
humidity have been pretty normal for the past day.

So my questions are:
1. Is it a bad resistor, capacitor, chip, or what that might be doing
this and any guesses about what might have caused it?
2. Is it something to worry about or, as long as I don't mind a
double-speed blink, can I just ignore it?

Thanks for any insights and I'd be happy to poke around under the
hood with a multimeter if someone gave me a hint about what to try.
Carl
--
Carl E. Mungan, Asst. Prof. of Physics 410-293-6680 (O) -3729 (F)
U.S. Naval Academy, Stop 9C, Annapolis, MD 21402-5040